To celebrate Helen’s 1 year anniversary at Bedfords Legal we asked her a series of challenging questions to help you “Better Know a Bedford”.
1. What do you do at Bedfords Legal and in what circumstances would I come to you for something?
I’m a lawyer, so I do “lawyer stuff”. If you want to buy or sell property in the ACT or NSW you’d come to see me. I also have a interest Wills, Powers of Attorney and administering deceased estates.
2. What’s your biggest work pet peeve?
Pesky admin tasks not getting done. In the days of paper “filing” was high on that list!
3. If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be?
4. If you could write a book about your life, what would the title be and why?
The Outback and City Adventures of an SWB (It’s a bit obvious so, I’m not saying)
5. What’s something—big or small—that you’re really bad at?
Rollerblading … so much laughing can’t balance …
6. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Does watching Survivor count?
7. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Actresses are all too tall (even the “short” ones) … wouldn’t be believable
8. If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
9. If you could only eat one item for every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
The banana clip
11. What’s one song or artist that you’re embarrassed to admit you like?
Garth Brooks … but I’m over the embarrassment now and simply embrace …
12. What’s one totally irrational fear that you have?
Like Indiana Jones – snakes …
13. What fictional place would you most like to visit?
Narnia or Scotland 1743
14. What’s your favourite place to eat around Woden?
I don’t have one yet
15. What’s your favourite TV show—the one you’re always watching on repeat?
Just one! Are you crazy? Wiseguy, Renegade, Taggart, GoT …
16. What’s your most hated household chore?
17. What’s your most used emoji?
18. What’s your favourite sport to watch and which team do you root for?
Not a huge sports fan, but after living 2 years in Spain as a teenager, I’d have to say “fútbol”. Back in the day, the local team was the favourite team Sporting Gijón. In the modern era, Deportivo de La Coruña.
19. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
Can’t tell – it’s hidden … even from me …
20. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Walking the dog at YR (Saturday) and B2B (Sunday); yucky housework and chores; Sunday lunch at Dad’s; catching up with friends; trying our new recipes (savoury and sweet)